All about Area Rugs
An area rug is a win-win situation. Meaning, you can enjoy the beauty of having beautiful floors with the comfort and visual accent of carpeting. It’s an amazing flooring option but with so many fantastic choices in terms of style, size, material, color and more; the possibilities are endless!
An area rug can be what you want it to be - it can be the starting point for decorating a space, serve as a focal point, function as floor art, or lend an exquisite finishing touch to a room. The rug can function to hide minor imperfections on the floor below, accent or dress up lovely hardwood, or add warmth to a chilly tile floor. Whatever you are looking for, there is an area rug with your name on it.
These lines will let you share everything you want your audiences to know. Only jot down the points, tweak them a little and publish them here.
Karastan Carpet History
Defining Quality Craftsmanship
"The Karastan brand represents much more than flooring! Beginning at 2:02 pm on April 28, 1998, we walk you through the rich history of quality craftsmanship and innovation that is Karastan.
Good To Know
Area rugs are a flexible, affordable and stylish option but there are a couple of points to consider before deciding that an area rug is the solution to your flooring needs. Think about the following before purchasing:
- Easy to Move - Area rugs can be rolled up, stored, and can even move homes with you. If you are renting a home, an area rug is a great way to personalize the space without investing lots of money or making permanent changes to the space.
- Versatility - Area rugs can be subtle or bold, soft and delicate or thick and plush. Rugs come in a myriad of materials such as wool, silk, cotton, natural fibers and many synthetic options. There as so many factors to play around with and have fun with - the style, texture, size, placement, color, pattern and more.
- The Right Price – Area rugs come in a range of prices – from expensive for budget friendly. It’s very possible to find the perfect area rug for your space that won’t break the bank!
- Easy Maintenance - Cleaning an area rug can be as simple as washing and drying, although some types require more specialized cleaning methods. In general, it is significantly less expensive to clean an area rug than a broadloom carpet.
- Installation - There is none! What could be easier? Just place it on the floor, unroll and you are done.
- Not Permanent - If you are not ready to commit to a permanent look or simply prefer to have the option to frequently swap in different styles when your mood or taste changes, then an area rug is the way to go.
Rugs can shift out of place which can be irritating. To minimize this you can select an area rug that has anti-slip rubber backings or a round rug that has thick stitched edges.
A rug only protects what it covers. The rest of the floor is left exposed to fend for itself against pets, kids, spills, scratches, sunlight, and who knows what else. The rest of the floor, in addition to the rug, will need to be cleaned regularly which could double up on your cleaning time.
The same goes with hiding imperfections. The rug will only hide what it covers. If your floor is not in great shape or has imperfections spread throughout rather than in one concentrated area, then consider covering it with a broadloom carpet rather than with a rug.
Rugs can becoming a tripping hazard if one corner or edge gets out of line.
To avoid accidents, for hallways and other area where there is heavy foot traffic, make sure that any rug you choose has an anti-slip backing so it will stay in its place.
When placing an area rug in a living room or family room the following tips can help you maximize the space.
- Make sure that the area rug you select is large enough to fit under the main pieces of furniture. It can appear awkward when, say in a seating arrangement, some of the chairs are on the rug while others are not. Similarly, it can create uncomfortable imbalances when either the front or back legs are not on the rug. Measuring the area as well as considering your furniture arrangements before buying a rug is always a smart idea.
- If the room you are decorating is very large it is not necessary to get a huge area rug. Instead, you can divide the room into separate sections and choose an area rug for each smaller area. To create a sense of unity, the rugs should share similarities in terms of the color, design or style. Dividing up a large room in this way can make it feel more intimate and cozy.
Feel free to speak to any one of our Piedmont Floors experienced representatives should you have any questions regarding purchasing a new area rug.
Brands we love
You'll find rugs from all of these great brands and more when you shop our selection of more than 100,00 area rug styles at the Piedmont Floors Rugs.Shop site!